[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] SDP Generation

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Thu Jun 7 11:45:21 CEST 2007

Hi all,

here is a first attempt at SDP generation in libavformat. I put the new
function (av_sdp_create() - any ideas for a better name?) in a new file,
so that the size of applications not using it will not be increased.

av_sdp_create() currently handles static payload types and MPEG4 video
(assigning payload type 96, as in libavformat/rtp.c... We need to handle
this in a better way, but I think that the first important thing is to
have rtp.c and sdp.c consistent between them). So, it should be enough
for current libav*'s needs. I have a patch for converting ffserver to
use av_sdp_create(), and I've not been able to find any regression.
(I also have a patch for enabling ffmpeg to output an SDP when streaming
to RTP, so that the stream can be easily received).

There still are some open issues (look at the FIXME's), but I'd like to
have some feedback to know if I am going in the right direction, and if
the interface is ok.

				Thanks,
					Luca