[FFmpeg-devel] new filter infastructure stuff (Google Summer of Fun)

Luca Barbato lu_zero
Tue Jun 5 12:51:58 CEST 2007

Michael Niedermayer wrote:
>> Here are some reasons why we might like to support some level of dynamic filters.
>>
>> 1. if you have some proprietary thing you want to apply to the video prior to re-encode.
>
> if some company wants to have their proprietary filters supported _they_
> can add optional .so support ...

And even if you want it just for internal usage...

>> 2. to add so architecture platform specific capability which is not available to other
>> platforms.

The only reason I could find for .so is that you may like to build new
modules w/out having to hack the main ffmpeg code, but it isn't exactly
a problem IMHO.

lu

--

Luca Barbato