[FFmpeg-devel] getting started with development

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Fri Jun 1 21:28:07 CEST 2007

Hi

On Fri, Jun 01, 2007 at 04:41:13PM +0530, Prateek Dayal wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am new on this list but I have a keen interest in the ffmpeg project. I
> have used ffmpeg for porting ffplay.c and other libraries to an i.MX21 based
> development board running GX linux and I feel its a very useful and well
> written peace of software . I wish to get involved in ffmpeg development and
> contribute to it. I have a bachelor's degree in Electronics and
> Communications engineering and am comfortable with C and makefiles with some
> familiarity with python. My work experience is in embedded systems and I am
> quite comfortable with linux and gnu tool chain.
>
> I wanted to ask if there is a way to get started with the development effort
> and contribute to something.

see our doc/TODO list for some ideas of what could be done
and see our developers guide in http://ffmpeg.mplayerhq.hu/ffmpeg-doc.html

I know you won't believe me, but the highest form of Human Excellence is
to question oneself and others. -- Socrates