[FFmpeg-devel] Compiler did not align stack variables on mingw gcc 4.2.0

Zuxy Meng zuxy.meng
Fri Jun 1 08:29:05 CEST 2007

Hi,

2007/5/31, Gianluigi Tiesi <mplayer at netfarm.it>:
> I've just switched to mingw 4.2.0 and libavcodec says that it's
> miscompiled, it seems just related to gcc but I've looked around
> internet and other os/gcc versions got same problem.
>
> Someone says that it's harmless, a guy using my mencoder binary reported
> crashes while on my system it works.
>
> Somthing is changed with gcc stack alignment?
> or a bug in binutils,
> I'm still using x264 workaround for SECTION_RODATA misalignment
>
> gcc is 4.2.0
> binutils 2.17.50 20060824
> (I'm talking about mencoder but I think here is the best place, or not?  :D)

With gcc 4.2.0 we have the chance to fix alignment for windows once
and for all. Just wait a little bit; I'm waiting for the official
mingw32 gcc 4.2 release scheduled to be released early this month.

--
Zuxy
Beauty is truth,