[FFmpeg-devel] Stack variables alignment check in libavcodec/dsputil.c

Zuxy Meng zuxy.meng
Tue Jul 31 09:05:19 CEST 2007

Hi,

2007/7/31, Alex Beregszaszi <alex at rtfs.hu>:
> Hi,
>
> > > If this fails, some SSE optims will crash.
> >
> >   Not neccesseraly. The variables on the stack could be properly aligned
> > just by an accident.
>
> I am facing such bugs on Windows.  Some of the SSE code (which does
> unaligned access) crashes.  Like vorbis_inverse_coupling_sse.

Threaded de/encoding is known broken on Windows, since the OS doesn't
maintain the alignment upon thread entry. But otherwise I've never met
with such crashes.
--
Zuxy
Beauty is truth,