[FFmpeg-devel] Stack variables alignment check in libavcodec/dsputil.c

Alex Beregszaszi alex
Mon Jul 30 22:05:44 CEST 2007

Hi,

> does the following code really belong to libavcodec/dsputil.c? Shouldn't
> it be moved to configure? Or at least duplicated there as well.

I think it is ok to reside there, and anyway, it must be a message
printed on runtime imho, to inform the user.

dsputil_init itself is a good place, if we assume every SSE optimized
code depends on dsputil.c

However, this function shouldn't be static and only called in
dsputil_init?

> P.S. And yes, gcc 3.4.5 on RedHat 4 64bit seems to trigger this message.

That must be a bug in gcc.

If this fails, some SSE optims will crash.

--
Alex