[FFmpeg-devel] Fixpoint FFT optimization, with MDCT and IMDCT wrappers for audio optimization

Marc Hoffman mmhoffm
Sun Jul 29 05:40:18 CEST 2007

On 7/28/07, Marc Hoffman <mmhoffm at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7/28/07, Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> wrote:

> > ff_fft_init() should call the fixed point init
> > also
> > the mmx code in it should be split out into a i386/whatever.c
> > and allso called from ff_fft_init()
> >
> > i think that would solve it?
> >

> So we should do something like this to create the tables?  We should
> probably allow something like the arch dependent dsp init routine to
> override the mmx stuff.
>

> +    ff_fixedpoint_fft_init (s, nbits, inverse);
> +

Michael,

How would you feel about including the exptab16, exptab32 in the
fft.c, because otherwise we would need to make a lot of changes to the
makefile that probably don't need to be made.  e.g. fft.o
fft_fixedpoint.o every where.  I don't like it too much but whats your
take?

Marc