[FFmpeg-devel] Patch for folding unaligned access routines into one file

Roman Shaposhnik rvs
Sat Jul 28 06:01:09 CEST 2007

Hi

On Sat, 2007-07-28 at 02:04 +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> Hi
>
> On Fri, Jul 27, 2007 at 01:40:16PM -0700, Roman Shaposhnick wrote:
> > Guys,
> >
> > while cleaning up the __GNUC__ thing I've come across one peculiarity:
> > it seems that we've got two sets of pretty much identical routines
> > for accessing unaligned data residing in
> >     libavutil/intreadwrite.h
> > and libavcodec/bitstream.h.
> >
> > The obvious question now is, should we fold them into one set by
> > applying the attached patch?
>
> yes but
> maybe the folding of calls to stuff from intreadwrite.h / bitstream.h
> should be folded in a seperate patch from the folding of the
> implementations in *.h

  Let me see if I follow -- you want this to be split in two patches:
first one would just move unalignedXX into intreadwrite.h as-is,
and the second one would fold the implementation, right?

> also a quick benchmark (on x86) should be done to ensure that we
> dont pick the slower of the 2 implementations

  Good point. Will do.

Thanks,
Roman.