[FFmpeg-devel] [patch] error codes for http/tcp

Ronald S. Bultje rsbultje
Fri Jul 27 14:32:51 CEST 2007

Hi,

On 7/27/07, Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> wrote:

> well, either resolve_host() is a private function to avformat in which
> case
> ffserver cant use it or its a public function in which case it needs an av
> prefix and a major version bump

Actually, if we add av_resolve_host(), then it's a new function, it only
needs a minor version bump (at least, going by gnome & libtool versioning
criteria), because the old function _was_ internal (or we could keep a macro
or inlined function to hold for it).

+ #define resolve_host(x,y) av_resolve_host(x,y,NULL)
(only if wanted)

+ av_resolve_host(x,y, int *herrno_p)
- resolve_host(x,y)
(Plus relevant checks in av_resolve_host() to work if herrno_p is NULL if we
keep the resolve_host macro + doxygen comments.)

I would just remove it (resolve_host()) and export av_resolve_host()...
Would that be ok?

Ronald