[FFmpeg-devel] bug report: audio out of sync?

Piero Bugoni ffmpeg.devel
Thu Jul 26 17:06:12 CEST 2007

--- Edmond Hui <ymehui at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to use ffmpeg to stream TV over LAN at
> home but experiencing audio/video out of sync.

Can someone please address this?

I have experienced the same thing. I will experiment,
and try to post some meaningful data that can be used
to debug.

Not long ago, there was a question about cutting FLV
files, and the sound being wrong. I noticed that same
thing. Also, when those files were played in  MPlayer,
the audio time data are all wrong. (I'll post an
example).

I think these may be related.

In the short term, can anyone throw out some
suggestions as to why they think this might be the
case, like how does ffmpeg maintain time relationships
between audio and video, and why would it not do so?

Finally, how can audio sync be maintained if the frame
rate is adjusted. Particularly if it is very low, like
1 F/s ?

Thanks.

P.

Moody friends. Drama queens. Your life? Nope! - their
life, your story. Play Sims Stories at Yahoo! Games.
http://sims.yahoo.com/