[FFmpeg-devel] [patch] error codes for http/tcp

The Wanderer inverseparadox
Thu Jul 26 02:42:16 CEST 2007

Ronald S. Bultje wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 7/14/07, Ronald S. Bultje <rsbultje at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 7/11/07, Diego Biurrun <diego at biurrun.de> wrote:
>>
>>> I suggest that you update it to HEAD and go for another review
>>> round.
>>
>> Michael's main concern was that it was untested on systems that
>> actually implement gethostbyname_r() (MacOSX doesn't...). If you or
>> anyone would have some time to do so, please feel free. Once in,
>> I'll re-send the errno patches for tcp.c and http.c.
>>
>> New patch against trunk attached.
>
> Would anyone with a Linux or something GNU'y have some time to test
> the above and then review+apply it? Really, all you have to do is see
> if resolve_host() still works, e.g. ffplay $uri and ensure it still
> works (and errors out if you give an invalid $uri).

Linux, kernel 2.6.11.2, patch applied to revision 9800:

==
gcc -I"/home/wanderer/text/src/svn/ffmpeg/ffmpeg-patched"/libavcodec
-DHAVE_AV_CONFIG_H -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE
-D_ISOC9X_SOURCE -I"/home/wanderer/text/src/svn/ffmpeg/ffmpeg-patched"
-I"/home/wanderer/text/src/svn/ffmpeg/ffmpeg-patched"
-I"/home/wanderer/text/src/svn/ffmpeg/ffmpeg-patched"/libavutil
-fomit-frame-pointer -g -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wall -Wno-switch
-Wdisabled-optimization -Wpointer-arith -Wredundant-decls
-Wno-pointer-sign -O3  -c -o os_support.o os_support.c
os_support.c: In function ?resolve_host?:
os_support.c:66: error: ?name? undeclared (first use in this function)
os_support.c:66: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
os_support.c:66: error: for each function it appears in.)
make[1]: *** [os_support.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/home/wanderer/text/src/svn/ffmpeg/ffmpeg-patched/libavformat'
make: *** [lib] Error 2
==

--
       The Wanderer