[FFmpeg-devel] Licensing gray area

mark cox melbournemark+ffmpeg
Tue Jul 17 00:09:07 CEST 2007

On 17/07/07, Justin Ruggles <justinruggles at bellsouth.net> wrote:

> Michel Lespinasse wrote:
> that
> would
> approach
> >
> > I was actually quite grumpy about that at the time, though I had not
> > complained to the list. I'm quite glad you've noticed this and about
> > the suggestions earlier in the thread.

IMHO, Justin went about this the wrong way. If you are going to re-implement
existing code under a different licence, you shouldn't even be reading the
existing code. Perhaps i am jumping the gun and you had permission from the
original author to use it as a reference. In the future i would keep it a
secret that you used some other code for reference ;)
mark