[FFmpeg-devel] Assert failing in libavcodec - ratecontrol.c

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Sun Jul 15 10:02:17 CEST 2007

Hi

On Sun, Jul 15, 2007 at 04:27:15PM +1000, Neil Brown wrote:

> Hi,
>  I have been exploring kdenlive (which uses the MLT framework with
>  uses the ffmpeg libraries) and I have experienced a problem with
>  assertions failing which kills the video rendering process.
>
>  When I assemble some clips together in kdenlive and ask it to render
>  the final product as an mpeg2 file, it starts rendering OK, but will
>  often crash at the point where one clip ends and the next starts.
>
>  The crash is due to an assertion failing in ff_rate_estimate_qscale
>  in ratecontrol.c
>
>  There are 4 places in this code where it says:
>
>    assert(q>0.0);
>
>  The second and third of these can both fail. i.e. those that are
>  commented out here:

is this reproduceable with command line ffmpeg? if yes please provide
full uncut output and command line parameters

Freedom in capitalist society always remains about the same as it was in
ancient Greek republics: Freedom for slave owners. -- Vladimir Lenin