[FFmpeg-devel] sleep() in FFmpeg

Ramiro Ribeiro Polla ramiro
Fri Jul 13 01:26:08 CEST 2007

Hello,

I'm trying to remove the usleep hack for MinGW.
Then I thought "Well, let's implement this in MinGW", but as can be seen
in many messages from mingw-user, it's not what MinGW is meant for.

But... It's not supposed to be in FFmpeg either. There are some used in:
1 ffmpeg.c
2 libavformat/http.c
3 Many grab interfaces

(1) is for frame rate emulation, to which there's another thread on
ffmpeg-devel discussing it.
(2) The message that added this sleep call was:

* Add a sleep when doing the post to ffserver. Yes, this is the wrong
  solution.

Is that still necessary? If it is, how can I test its use to look for a
proper fix?
(3) doesn't matter for MinGW, because all those interfaces are for linux
or beos.

Ramiro Polla