[FFmpeg-devel] Getting rid of codec_get_{bmp,wav}_{id,tag}()

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Mon Jul 9 18:26:46 CEST 2007

Hello,
On Mon, Jul 09, 2007 at 05:58:26PM +0200, Benoit Fouet wrote:
> Reimar D?ffinger wrote:

> >> Some locales ignore punctuation when sorting, which would explain this.
> >
> > Yes, they succeed with LC_ALL=de_DE. We should place a LC_ALL=C in the
> > script and regenerate the reference file IMO.
> > I still don't consider that proper sorting, but maybe some standard
> > actually says that's the way you're supposed to do it...
>
> before playing with env variables, have you tried giving arguments to
> sort (like -d for instance) ?

While that gives the same order as the current references file using it
is broken, since the order of e.g. a file named "a.b.c" vs "abc" is not
specified according to the manpage (though gnu sort seems to fallback to
C sorting).
I also can't find anything that would indicate that -d is independant of
the locale. Keep in mind that e.g. for tr_TR even the ascii range
(specifically the 'i') has different behaviour, so even if
"alphanumeric" was supposed to mean ascii-alphanumeric range (and I
tested, it also includes charset-specific things like ? and ?) it would
still fail in some cases.

Greetings,
Reimar D?ffinger