[FFmpeg-devel] Fix libx264 detection

Christophe GISQUET christophe.gisquet
Mon Jul 2 20:44:54 CEST 2007

Good evening,

M?ns Rullg?rd a ?crit :
>> the test for x264.h/libx264 presence may fail because x264.h requires
>> inttypes.h to be included first. The attached patch ensures that the
>> test does that.
>
> Not necessary.  We only test the presence of the header, never compile
> it.  Unless it breaks, I see no reason to change this.

Indeed that's only a warning, and I should have provided config.err. So
here it is attached.

Maybe using pkg-config --libs x264 would better help determining that
-lpthread is needed to link?

About the inttypes.h, if I try to manually compile the object as the
test tries, I get:
/home/cgisquet/include/x264.h:189: erreur: expected
specifier-qualifier-list before ?uint8_t"
This error doesn't get reported. Maybe normal, but that may be of some
interest to you.

Best regards,
Christophe GISQUET