[Ffmpeg-devel] dependency tracking improvements

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg
Mon Jan 22 09:05:38 CET 2007

Hi,

On 1/22/07, Diego Biurrun <diego at biurrun.de> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 22, 2007 at 01:21:21AM +0100, Aurelien Jacobs wrote:
> > On Mon, 22 Jan 2007 01:06:18 +0100
> > Diego Biurrun <diego at biurrun.de> wrote:

> > > Putting that info in a comment sounds very fragile to me.  This way
> > > compilation might fail if somebody changes a comment ...
> >
> > Anyway, we already heavily rely on the structure of this file to parse
> > it with sed. It's already very easy to break.
> > But if you think using comments is bad, maybe we could do something
> > like this:
> >
> > -  REGISTER_DECODER(AAC, aac);
> > +  REGISTER_DECODER(AAC, aac, libfaad);
> >
> > Do you prefer it ?
> > IMO, it's as much fragile, and uglier than a comment.
>
> That's better and less fragile.

AFAIU, the fact that it's a macro that takes care of this makes the
compiler check that at least the 3 parameters are there....
Now, if you turn it into a macro that accepts a variable number of
parameters (which seems to make sense as one given module may have
more than one dep), then I don't see how it can be less fragile.

Guillaume