[Ffmpeg-devel] Cook stereo (MONO_COOK2) bug and patch

Benjamin Larsson banan
Sun Jan 21 19:08:46 CET 2007

Ian Braithwaite wrote:

>Hi
>
>[...]
>

>Well, I was kind of following the general style of that function :-)
>OK - I've factored out the three lines to a new function.
>
>The function in question is really in need of a bigger clean-up.
>I've included a second patch. It:
>1)  Factors out more duplicated code.
>2)  Removes a lot of unnecessary buffers.
>3)  Replaces a number of memcpy()'s with pointer swapping.
>

>Obviously I'm pretty new to this code. I'm hoping that someone
>much more intimate with the decoder can check I havn't messed up.
>

>It would be great to get stereo working!
>

>Cheers,
>Ian

Hi, thanks for cleaning up the code. If the samples from mplayerhq sound
ok then the bug fixes and patches are functionally correct. The second
patch seemed to do the right thing. I'll test them after Michaels
comments are fixed.

MvH
Benjamin Larsson

--