[Ffmpeg-devel] support for hddvd .evo files (mpg ps variant) in ffmpeg

Ian Caulfield ian.caulfield
Tue Jan 16 12:01:03 CET 2007

On 1/16/07, Nico Sabbi <nsabbi at email.it> wrote:

> Ian Caulfield wrote:
>

> > 0xc0-0xc7 - MPEG primary audio 0-7
> > 0xc8-0xcf - MPEG secondary audio 0-7
>

> I wonder what they mean with primary and secondary

I think the marketing term is "In-Movie Experience". Instead of the
arrangement with current DVDs where you can have an alternate audio track
with director's commentary, on HD-DVD you can have a second video and audio
stream for the commentary - the video is displayed as picture-in-picture,
and the commentary is mixed in with the main audio by the player.

Ian