[Ffmpeg-devel] support for hddvd .evo files (mpg ps variant) in ffmpeg

Ian Caulfield ian.caulfield
Tue Jan 16 11:34:16 CET 2007

On 1/15/07, Nico Sabbi <nicola_sabbi at fastwebnet.it> wrote:

> M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
>
> >>someone already uploaded it to MPlayer/samples/evob/
> >

> > OK, then I already have it.
> >

> for the chronicle, the 0xbd->0xC0 substream contain ac3

 US patent application #20060182418 (which appears to be based on an older
version of the HD-DVD spec, thus contains a number of differences to the
current version) lists the following stream assignments for EVOBs:

0xe0 - MPEG2 primary video
0xe1 - MPEG2 secondary video
0xe2/0xe3 - H264 primary/secondary video
0xfd->0x55 - VC-1 primary video
0xfd->0x75 - VC-1 secondary video

0xc0-0xc7 - MPEG primary audio 0-7
0xc8-0xcf - MPEG secondary audio 0-7
0xbd->0xc0-0xcf - DD+/E-AC3 audio
0xbd->0x88-0x8f - DTS-HD primary audio
0xbd->0x98-0x9f - DTS-HD secondary audio
0xbd->0xa0-0xaf - LPCM audio
0xbd->0xb0-0xbf - MLP audio

0xbd->0x20-0x3f - DVD subpictures

These seem to be fairly compatible to DVD VOBs - the main note being that
current encoding software seems to place plain AC-3 streams in the same
stream id as E-AC3, I guess since AC-3 is forward compatible to E-AC3.

Ian