[Ffmpeg-devel] FFmpeg logo

Alex Beregszaszi alex
Wed Feb 28 16:32:23 CET 2007

Hi,

> > PS: I like the RVB zigzag, it's more "understandable" for an end user
> > like me than the green zigzag (I don't think about video when seeing the
> > other)
>
> I'm not sure about the logo, I think that the zigzag has a better technical
> impact from our perspective but the fast forward logo will be much more widely
> recognised. However, FFmpeg is a technical project as opposed to a necessarily
> user-friendly film playback project. I think the zigzag is the more appropriate
> choice for us.
>
> Anyway, I also didn't like the feet of Herve's monkey so I altered them a bit.
> I'm sure Herve couuld do a much better job and this has just been quickly done
> in a Gimp clone and is intended as a conceptual suggestion.

I like your version with the zigzag. I think we should use the zigzag
(of course, I was one of the first supporters of it :) as the logo, and
in parallel we could use this monkey as a mascot. Just think about the
complexity of the logo, i think the zigzag is recognisable even in 32x32
pixels, while I wont be sure that is enough space for a monkey with
addiction to coke.

--
Alex Beregszaszi