[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: ffmpeg-devel Digest, Vol 23, Issue 275

Thu Mai thumaixuan
Wed Feb 28 11:26:56 CET 2007

Hi Michel
Thank you for your quick reply,

Let me clarify something:

I got the video ES from RTP packages and put it into a buffer and I
want to use it
as the input for a FFMPEG function to directly decode it from the
buffer without writing
anything to hard disk.

My first solution is trying to modify the function av_open_input_file()
but I got no success so far.

Any idea or code snippet will be highly appreciated.

Thank you beforehand.

Thu
FET HUT Vietnam
Research and development laboratory of Multimedia technology

--

Thu Mai wrote:
>* Hi everyone
*>* I'm using FFMPEG to decode a video file and it's only work with files eg
*>* av_open_input_file so while receving data from network, i have to write
*>* incoming data into a file and decode that file . I'm wondering if there
*>* is a
*>* way to decode a video Elementary stream from buffer.Please show me some
*>* hints or tips.
*>* Thank you.
*>*
*You have to record a new protocol. But maybe the pipe or http protocols
can be used, depending on how the connection is specified.

Greetings,
--
Michel Bardiaux
R&D Director