[Ffmpeg-devel] ffserver crashes

Piero Bugoni crboca32
Tue Feb 27 06:31:20 CET 2007

New thread.

But, from a different message I posted mistakenly:

--- Alex Beregszaszi <alex at rtfs.hu> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > Likewise, ffmpeg still has problems connecting to
> > ffserver in current svn releases, and otherwise
> > crashes when used with ffserver.
>
> It would be better if you would paste some logs. AVI
> is known to be not
> working with ffserver now.

Will do as I can, please let me know more
specifically, if you can, what you want me to post.

In the mean time, here is the problem as I have seen
it:

Here is what I do:
1) start ffserver, using a ffserver.conf file that I
finally got to work.
2) start ffmpeg (on the same box) and connect to the
ffserver process, with a command like:
./ffmpeg <various options>
http://localhost:8090/feed1.ffm

ffmpeg then runs. If I stop it and re-start it over
and over, it is pretty stable. But, if I change
command line options ffserver then segfaults. It does
not seem to matter what option I change, like rate,
with -r, or size with -s, or various vhook options. In
one example, the command was exactly the same, but I
changed the PNG file that I used as an image overlay.
The file name was the same, but I had changed the size
of the image.

When I run ffserver inside gdb, here is what I get:

0x080587bb in http_send_data (c=0x85531f0) at
ffserver.c:2155
2155
codec->coded_frame->key_frame = ((pkt.flags &
PKT_FLAG_KEY) != 0);

Ironically, ffserver seems to run more stable inside
gdb, and it is harder to reproduce the problem. I will
 see if I get any other errors from doing this, but as
such I get the one above over and over.

Side note:
I have actually been to Hungary. It was years ago, in
the days of the Red Bloc. I spent some time in
Budapest. Good time. Good food, good drink. I then
decided to explore. I went to a place called Zahony.
Very Strange.

Piero.