[Ffmpeg-devel] [RFC]: vhook Documentation

Piero Bugoni crboca32
Tue Feb 27 04:55:27 CET 2007

--- V?ctor Paesa <wzrlpy at arsystel.com> wrote:

> > The imlib2 documentation mentions
> 'vhook/imlib2.dll',
> > not
> > imlib2.so, but other than that the examples work.
>
> The vhooks are dynamic libraries: they may have
> suffixes .so, .dll, dylib.

Understood.

> I couldn't resist to introduce some platform
> diversity, and I used .dll
> in the example.

I had a feeling that's what that was.

> > Any other info toward the application of the vhook
> > modules might also be good to list. If you have
> any
> > examples to try that would be good. Likewise if
> any
> > one else does that would be good as well.
>
> Well, I use imlib2 to scroll a transparent PNG that
> contains the credits
> of my home videos.

Is that PNG such that it is long, or taller than the
frame, and as it scrolls, it passes by the frame and
rolls a list of credits like at the end of a movie? I
suspect such an example would be pretty popular.

> A trick: in imlib2 the -x, -y coordinates are
> functions: you might define a function that
> positions your overlaid image
> outside of the video, and then only appears visible
> during a certain frame
> interval.

This makes sense, I'll give it a try.