[Ffmpeg-devel] [RFC]: vhook Documentation

Piero Bugoni crboca32
Mon Feb 26 00:06:53 CET 2007

The video I put up employs imlib2 as follows:
1) A black rectangular png image was created using
gimp, and placed in the upper right corner.

2) The date is placed on top of it.

The command line was:

while :
do
./ffmpeg -r 29.97 -s 320x256 -vd /dev/video0 \
-vhook 'vhook/imlib2.so -x 0 -y 0 \
-i ../etc/black.png'   -vhook  'vhook/imlib2.so \
-c white \
-F /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/TTF/VeraBd.ttf/12 -x 0 \
-y 0 -t  %A-%D-%T' \
http://bugoni.net:8090/feed1.ffm
done

The SVN revision I am using is 7481.

The last one I checked out was 8066.

SVN 8066 still has thet problem with
libavformat/http.c

Again, the buffer size from 1024 to 4096 made it work
on my LAN, but not across the internet. Strange.

The ffserver is run on a dedicated server I lease in
California. It is run in a while loop like above,
inside a shell script. That shell script is the run in
the background with 2&1> going to /dev/null. That way
I can log out of the server.

The machine grabbing from the camera and sending the
stream to ffserver is connected to my DSL line in
Florida. It has 4 LW-104 (aka Pico2000) vidcap cards
in it. I have used it to stream successfully from 3
cameras. I use the `screen` utility to background the
ffmpeg process, so I can log out of the machine.

The web page with the current time is:
http://nist.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5/java
There is about a five second delay, but otherwise,
sync is good.

The screen in the video, is just a desktop machine
with a browser open to show the current time.

I have to use the while-true-do trick to keep the
ffmpeg/ffserver combo running. I'll be posting some
the problems I ran into in just a bit.

However, for what it's worth, it works.

Piero