[Ffmpeg-devel] Build fails if all riff muxers are disabled

Ramiro Polla angustia
Sun Feb 25 23:28:08 CET 2007

Martin Storsj? wrote:

> Hi,
>
> If all riff based muxers and demuxers are disabled (e.g. by
> --disable-muxers --disable-demuxers and then --enable-muxer for the
> ones needed), the build of libavformat fails with an undefined
> reference to av_codec_get_tag in libavformat/utils.c.

This scares me...
That has been there since rev 7600 (over a month), and the exact moment
I'm about to press "Send" on an e-mail for the same issue, your message
appears...

While trying to make a totally patent-free ffmpeg (--disable-muxers
--disable-demuxers --disable-parsers --disable-encoders
--disable-decoders), I got that error. I don't know I sometimes test
this. Maybe just to make sure it will still compile.

Attached patch adds riff.o to OBJS, since utils.o is there, and it needs
riff.o. Then removes all other riff.o from the Makefile.

Ramiro Polla