[Ffmpeg-devel] [RFC]: vhook Documentation

Piero Bugoni crboca32
Sun Feb 25 02:42:44 CET 2007

--- V?ctor Paesa <wzrlpy at arsystel.com> wrote:

> Hi,

> >> imlib2 docs appear as removed and then
> substituted by drawtext's ones.
> >>
> >> I bet that is the result of diff'ing against a
> hooks.texi
> >> that already had imlib's docs copied&pasted
> again.

I am confused about imlib2 vs. vhook. I was under the
assumption that vhook was a replacement for imlib2.

for instance, under the vhook directory, these are the
only object files after a build:

drawtext.so*  fish.so*  null.so*  ppm.so*
watermark.so*

And, for whatever reason, as I remember none of the
imlib2 command line options worked. I excluded any
imlib2 info on purpose. I thought it was deprecated.
I'll follow up on this some more.

> > What happened to this patch?  I'd like to apply it
> if the issues from
> > the review get addressed...
>
> As P. seems silent, here is an attached patch
> addressing the issues:
>
> Regards,
> V?ctor

Victor's suggestions make sense, and probably should
be  incorporated. Comprehensively documenting ffmpeg
so
that people can get good use out of it with minimal
pulling of their hair out is a worthy goal.

Piero.