[Ffmpeg-devel] Some FLV files no longer work in new ffmpeg

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Sat Feb 24 18:52:31 CET 2007

Hi

On Sat, Feb 24, 2007 at 06:48:15PM +0100, Alex Beregszaszi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > The new one comes from svn (Feb 13)
> >
> > newffmpeg -i x.flv
> > FFmpeg version SVN-rUNKNOWN, Copyright (c) 2000-2007 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
> >   configuration: --enable-pthreads --disable-network
> > --disable-audio-oss --disable-v4l --disable-bktr --disable-dv1394
> > --disable-vhook --disable-ffserver --disable-ffplay --disable-debug
> > --enable-memalign-hack --enable-faac --enable-a52 --enable-x264
> > --enable-gpl
> >   libavutil version: 49.3.0
> >   libavcodec version: 51.33.0
> >   libavformat version: 51.10.0
> >   built on Feb 23 2007 22:55:43, gcc: 4.0.0 20041026 (Apple Computer,
> > Inc. build 4061)
> > Input #0, flv, from 'x.flv':
> >   Duration: N/A, start: 0.000000, bitrate: N/A
> > Must supply at least one output file
> >

> > What files would cause this? flvdec? Where should I start digging? Or
> > can someone else who has a clue help figure it out?
>
> I faced this problem too. The old flvtool scripts, which adds metadata
> to FLVs, was broken. Presumably (at least I know some such sites) video
> sharing sites used flvtool for ffmpeg generated files some time ago,
> thus they have been corrupted by flvtool.
>
> The corruption is that the flags byte is zero, however, flash player
> checks the metadata too, where the stream information is duplicated.
>
> Old flvdec was checking the data frames instead relying on the flags
> byte, while currently it bails out if the the flags says there are no
> streams.

feel free to commit a hack to workaround that, something like
if(flags==0) flags=2 or whatever // workaround broken flvtool

I have never wished to cater to the crowd; for what I know they do not
approve, and what they approve I do not know. -- Epicurus