[Ffmpeg-devel] little player development request

Luca Barbato lu_zero
Tue Feb 20 20:39:30 CET 2007

DNA Studios s.r.l. wrote:
> Hi to all,
> My company looking for someone that make a little player with basically
> GUI that play only h.264 movies from our Darwin streaming server (RTSP
> over tcp tunnelling on port 80)
> The player must have only the functions of play, pause, slidebar to move
> on the movie and full screen.

looks like it is quite minimalistic.

> The player must work on Win xp, Windows Vista and MAC.
> We do not want to use vlc or mplayer, we want to create ours player open
> sources based.

Well ffplay doesn't work with rtsp+tcp as is and dss is everything but a
standard rtsp server. So in short you have to take ffplay, improve the
current rtsp layer (adding some playout buffer) and live happy with it.

You may try to check if nemesi/libnemesi could be a relatively simpler
starting point (since it supports already rtp/rtsp over tcp), next month
I plan to add h264 support since our new server already supports h264.

http://streaming.polito.it if you want to know more.

(for completeness other frameworks with rtp-h264 capabilities: live555
release, gstreamer cvs)

lu

--

Luca Barbato