****SPAM(5.0)**** Re: [Ffmpeg-devel] swscaler equivalent to img_convert

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Sun Feb 18 23:44:26 CET 2007

Hi

On Sun, Feb 18, 2007 at 11:39:21PM +0100, GizmoSDK wrote:

> 18 feb 2007 kl. 23.22 skrev Michael Niedermayer:
>

> >this changes just one single converter which makes the output
> >inconsistant
> >theres non mmx code, there are rgb->rgb converters, ...
> >

> I know but I just wanted to show you that there were a simple fix to
> this problem for the MMX stuff. My point is really that there is a
> difference in alpha output that depends on if you have --enable-
> swscaler or not in the img/sws routines. I would like to start with a
> discussion if it should be 0 or 0xff when converting from a non alpha
> format. Backwards compatibility is also an issue for me as the
> original img_convert produces 0xff and the new swscaler produces 0.
>
> Then if we can solve this, I am sure there are plenty better
> programmers than me to help me with this fix to make it complete.

the question about what it should be depends on what effect it has on
speed, you demonstrated that one yuv->rgb32 converter can set it to
FF with no speed loss, but what about all the other converteres?

Freedom in capitalist society always remains about the same as it was in
ancient Greek republics: Freedom for slave owners. -- Vladimir Lenin