[Ffmpeg-devel] Ffplay: streaming in ogg and asf container broken

Ronald S. Bultje rbultje
Sun Feb 18 17:56:53 CET 2007

Hi,

On Sun, 2007-02-18, Klaas-Pieter Vlieg wrote:
> In http_open() h->is_streamed is set to 1, so that's already covered.

And afterwards, it's overwritten (to zero, see below in http.c) if the
stream supports the GetRange HTTP method. The indexing in ogg is only
triggered if is_stream is zero, so it has to be zero. Add a printf() at
the end just before the return in http_open_cnx() and also in the ogg
demuxer (ogg_get_length() in ogg2.c) if you don't believe me. :-).

> How can I avoid indexing in ogg for network streams?

By preventing it to be set to 0 (or well, that worked for me). But
really, that is a hack. Another variable (is_network_stream or so)
should be introduced that is always set to 1 for network inputs (e.g.
mms, http) and prevents indexing in ogg. It is never a good idea to
index network streams. The funny thing is that by code, it doesn't seem
like ogg indexing should take so long, I should probably debug that code
and see what's going on...

Ronald