[Ffmpeg-devel] swscaler equivalent to img_convert

GizmoSDK gizmo_video
Sun Feb 18 12:32:10 CET 2007

17 feb 2007 kl. 15.26 skrev Alex Beregszaszi:

> Hi,
>
>> Will there be a implementation of the img_convert using the swscaler
>> option ?
>>
>> There is a difference in using scaler and convert when using RGBA32.
>> The alpha value is set to zero in conversions in swscaler and in
>> img_convert it is set to 0xff.
>>
>> I would prefer to have swscaler to set the alpha values to 0xff when
>> converting from a non alpha format to RGBA32 or BGRA
>
> configure with --enable-swscaler. Also note that currently the builtin
> scaler sets alpha to 0 too.
>
> --
> Alex Beregszaszi

Well. That's what I wrote.

I think it would be good to have a compatible img_convert implemented
with swscaler when the --enable-swscaler is used. I think there are a
coule of important issues to be solved.

1. img_convert should have a equiv implementation with sws_scale so
you can build compatible builds with or without --enable-swscaler

2. The alpha values of sws_ routines should be set to 0xff when
creating alpha values out of non alpha source pixel formats as this
describes the opacity in most cases.

/Anders Mod?n