[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: Google Summer of Code 2007

Ronald S. Bultje rbultje
Fri Feb 16 19:30:35 CET 2007

Hi,

On Feb 16, 2007, Harikrishnan Varma wrote:
> Audio:
> * MPEG-1 Layer 3 and MPEG-2 Layer 3. Both CBR & ABR are supported.
> * AC-3
> * MP3 Surround (In drffmpeg we use a dll supplied by Thomson)

Speaking of which, how about making it a SoC project to add decent
API for supporting surround sound, reordering channels, and maybe
another one (or together with all that) to add support for floating-
point (32-bit) audio (should increase quality of mp3, ac3, aac, etc.)?

It'd be nice also to have support for DVD/HDDVD input (the disc, not
the .evo file support, I know that works already), either through
libdvdnav or, better, native support (LGPL!).

Cheers,
Ronald