[Ffmpeg-devel] FFMPEG is cool

Mgr. Peter Tuharsky tuharsky
Fri Feb 16 14:42:54 CET 2007

Hi, guys

For several days I've been searching a free tool to convert MJPEG videos
from digital camera to some reasonable video format. Kino was the first
choice, however I couldn't achieve any useful results because of bunch
of bugs in Xine etc..
VirtualDUB under Wine couldn't find any codecs.

Then I found FFMPEG. It works fast, reliably, from command line. I made
scripts myself to convert my whole family gallery do MPEG4. With -sameq
setting, videos take 6 times less disk space than mjpeg.

FFMPEG is cool. Thank You all.

Peter