[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: Can not play a YUV file using ffplay

Michel Bardiaux mbardiaux
Tue Feb 13 11:11:34 CET 2007

Limin Wang wrote:

> Hi,
>
> * Michel Bardiaux <mbardiaux at mediaxim.be> [2007-02-12 19:52:03 +0100]:
>
>> Michael Niedermayer wrote:
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> On Mon, Feb 12, 2007 at 05:30:10PM +0100, Michel Bardiaux wrote:
>>> [...]
>>>
>>> ffplay -f rawvideo -x 352 -y 288 foreman_cif
>>> works here so id say the original poster does not use latest svn
>>>
>> And I can scream for the full output, as I do about ffmpeg, because
>> there isnt any!
>>
>> But dont you find that ugly? And impractical too: it means there is no
>> way to play an YUV except at its native size.
>
> I can't agree,

You cant agree with *what*?

> at least I have no way to encode yuv to h264 without
> width and height parameters.

Of course you have to specify width and height. Repeating: they're
simply not in the file!

> That's pity if no way to play the YUV even
> I know the native size. Currently I only know mplayer can do that in LINUX.

As Michael reminded me, ffplay has a hack whereby it uses the x and y.

--
Michel Bardiaux
R&D Director
E mailto:mbardiaux at mediaxim.be