[Ffmpeg-devel] Stream file handle hijacking by another thread

Stas Oskin stas.oskin
Sun Feb 11 15:58:54 CET 2007

Hi.

> did you compile lav* with --enable-pthreads ?

Yes.

> if above doesnt help try recompile libav* (and your application if needed)
> with -D_REENTRANT -D_THREAD_SAFE

I recompiled both the libav* and the application with these flags,
unfortunately it didn't help. The threads are still writing, one into
the file of another.

I discovered the following message appearing from time to time in the logs:
"insufficient thread locking around avcodec_open/close()"

Could it be related? But I have locked with mutex these calls,
together with the rest of libav* function calls.

Stas.