[Ffmpeg-devel] List of non-thread safe functions

Stas Oskin stas.oskin
Fri Feb 9 20:45:45 CET 2007

Hi.

>you can of course not run 2 av_set_parameters() with the same context at
>the same time or run av_set_parameters() while some other code uses the
>context

Point is, that I'm using a separate context (and encoder, and stream,
etc...) per each thread, and still regularly receive -1 errors both
from av_codec_open() and av_write_frame().

>the really thread unsafe functions like some init functions need a global
>mutex as they init global tables

So far I have a global mutex for av_register_all(), which AFAIK should
be called only once per process. Any other init functions that should
be mutex'ed?

>feel free to send a patch which adds detailed
>thread safety information as doxygen comments to the functions ...

I will, when these errors will be resolved and I get it working reliably.

Thanks for your help again.