[Ffmpeg-devel] dts decoding broken?

Uoti Urpala uoti.urpala
Fri Feb 9 18:19:39 CET 2007

On Fri, 2007-02-09 at 17:52 +0100, mail at kraymer.de wrote:
> same with 5.1 dts. Now, I only get 2 out of 6 channels without downmix,
> even with -channels 2 and/or -af channels=2. What I get is mainly music
> and background sounds, voices are missing.
> I did some regression testing and it turned out that a change in ffmpeg,
> namely commit -r 7839, introduced that behavior. Using recent mplayer svn

That commit changes the decoder to output the full number of channels by
default. Unfortunately it also seems to completely remove the ability to
use the libdts downmixing functionality.

The rest of the channels are there and you can access them by explicitly
specifying some conversion to 2 channels with "-af pan" for example.
However having a way to use the libdts downmixing would be better.