[Ffmpeg-devel] [Bug] h264 decoder crash (sample included)

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik
Wed Feb 7 17:18:32 CET 2007

On Wednesday, 07 February 2007 at 16:57, Christopher Lux wrote:

> I am sorry, but i tried to safe as much up- and download bandwith as i do
> not have a very good connection.

And *we* do not have tools to decompress proprietary compression formats.
Please use bzip2/gzip/zip next time if you must. How much have you saved
by using 7zip, by the way?

> >> its no annoyance, as i wont even download it
>
> I am sorry again, but why this arogant attitude? It is a serious bug
> which some other people confirmed for the latest ffplay and ffdshow builds
> (see doom9) and is worth looking into. FFmpeg is a well known project and
> is renown for its quality, so why not report such a serious decoder issue
> which all other (commercial) decoders so not share?

That's all and well, but keep in mind that we do not have enough manpower
to deal with bad bugreports. If you care so much about this bug, make sure
you report it properly. You are of course welcome to help us with handling
those reports.

Regards,
R.

--