[Ffmpeg-devel] cross compiling ffmpeg

Diego Biurrun diego
Mon Feb 5 09:57:25 CET 2007

Please don't top-post.

On Sun, Feb 04, 2007 at 10:15:33PM -0500, Marc Hoffman wrote:
> Is this more reasonable all that I do here is provide a mechanism
> which allows you to specify the   arch cpu and targetos via a single
> command line switch.
> eg.
> --target=bfin-537-linux
>
> I pulled the specific stuff out.

Send it in a separate patch if you want to see it merged.

> I guess the echo's should probably be made into a better verbose
> message. I just want to see if this is on the right track.

I don't much like the echos and we don't add our names to comments.
Also, you should try to hook up with the general structure of configure
and not hack in your own parts.  There is one place where we print
output, there is one place where we handle options.  Your current patch
is a quick hack that works for you but unacceptable for us unless you
address the above issues.

Diego