[Ffmpeg-devel] Interleaving audio and video

Roman Shaposhnik rvs
Sun Feb 4 07:15:57 CET 2007

Hi

On Fri, 2007-02-02 at 12:34 +0100, Baptiste Coudurier wrote:
> > and about huge PCM packets, these should be never generated (=the demuxer
> > should split them) the reason is simply memory requiremnt, audio buffering
> > issues for playback and seeking granularity if the pcm is streamcopied
> > if 48k samples is huge or not is another question, 10mb audio packets
> > definitly are to large though and yes files which such audio packets
> > exist
>
> Maybe lavf need AVPacketizer ?
>
> MXF specs enforce pcm audio samples packets at 48khz to
> 2000/1920/1601,2,1 for 24/25/29.97 fps, and so on, which ensures
> perfect(almost for NTSC) sync.
>
> That should be also perfect for other formats, there is no framer for
> pcm atm, what do you suggests ?

  That's part of the problem DV muxer has to struggle with. And I would
very welcome a general purpose AVPacketizer simply because it would at
least let us factor out the common code from 3 different muxers and
also get rid of the dependency on av_interleaved_write_frame()
which I think opens a possibility for GXF to generate buggy streams.

  Lets hear what Michael has to say...

Thanks,
Roman.