[Ffmpeg-devel] Interleaving audio and video

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Fri Feb 2 12:17:33 CET 2007

Hi

On Fri, Feb 02, 2007 at 12:08:25PM +0100, Baptiste Coudurier wrote:
> Hi
>
> Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> > Hi

> >> I see. Thanks for pointing it out. I guess my followup question is
> >> exactly along the lines of what Baptiste has asked -- should we
> >> enforce it somehow ?
> >
> > packets MUST be interleaved according to
> > AVOutputFormat.interleave_packet i thought the doxygen comments
> > clearly say so but apparently not
>
> yes, API atm permits to use av_write_frame though, maybe adding a check
> for interleave_packet presence, and then call it in av_write_frame anyway ?

no, if the user app can gurantee correct inerleaving then interleave_packet()
should not be used as it slows muxing down by a small amount of memcpy() time

Republics decline into democracies and democracies degenerate into
despotisms. -- Aristotle