[FFmpeg-devel] Issue with H264.c revision 11214/onwards

Jeff Downs heydowns
Fri Dec 14 20:16:22 CET 2007

On Fri, 14 Dec 2007, Ivan Ng wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The latest changes to h264.c from heydowns from Revision 11214 onwards
> is causing my application which calls avcodec_decode_video() to decode
> H.264 video to abort. I am using the libavcodec library under Linux. I
> got the following error before program aborted :
> [h264 @ 0xb7df66d0]B picture before any references, skipping
> [h264 @ 0xb7df66d0]decode_slice_header error
> [h264 @ 0xb7df66d0]no frame!
> 000000. Error decoding frame 1083004928
>
> The h264.c before Revision 11214 was ok.

abort() (as in stop running) or abort as in return an error?
Also, what is aborting? your application or lavc?

If lavc, please try to reproduce with ffmpeg or ffplay, send more details,
and upload sample as per bug reporting guidelines.

	-Jeff