[FFmpeg-devel] Betreff: ipod Baseline Low-Complexity Profile

Tobias Brockamp tobiasbrockamp
Thu Aug 30 21:07:27 CEST 2007

Am 30.08.2007 um 20:49 schrieb Michael Niedermayer:

> Hi
>
> On Thu, Aug 30, 2007 at 07:37:59PM +0200, Tobias Brockamp wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> im trying to encode videos for the iPod in 640x480 resolution which
>> should use "Baseline Low-Complexity Profile"
>> as described in the iPod specs.
>>
>> I found this tutorial by Robert Swain:
>>
>> http://rob.opendot.cl/index.php/useful-stuff/ipod-video-guide/
>>
>> I've read in the mailinglist-archive about a libavformat hack by
>> Tyler Loch, which automatically sets the uuid.
>> Is there an official ffmpeg-build which sets the tag autmatically
>> f.e. with an option like
>> "-f ipod"?
>>
>> What do you think about the other know Tools for setting the uuid
>> (NicMP4Box Hack, AtomicParsley)? Which
>> way does ffmpegX, isquint use, anybody an idea?
>
> this list is for development of ffmpeg not user questions (well
> actually
> i dont mind user questions but this has been discussed in the
> past ...)

sorry about that.

> ffmpeg has no problems with generating 640x480 videos which work on
> the
> ipod
> some versions (possibly all) of apples itunes refuse to transfer
> the video
> to the ipod if it doesnt contain some specific UUID

i had to tell you that i need  a video which must be transfered via
iTunes to the ipod

> and noone has posted a patch to cleanly add this UUID IIRC in our
> muxer
> that is if it is needed at all anymore with latest apple crapware

where do i find this patch?

> PS: why dont you just use free (and working) software to transfer your
> videos to the ipod?

it's not me who transfers the files, it's our customers. and they
usally use iTunes.