[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] snow SSE2 optimizations

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Wed Aug 29 01:32:01 CEST 2007

Hello,
On Wed, Aug 29, 2007 at 01:04:41AM +0200, Luca Barbato wrote:
> Reimar Doeffinger wrote:
> > They only forgot to provide a useable way to detect if (or which parts
> > of) it is available.
>
> cpuinfo/spufs presence/sigill trick/elf aux table/...
>
> catching sigill is usable last time I checked.

Completely unacceptable for a library and unusable with any kind of
threading in all cases.
cpuinfo seems interesting, how would that word? I don't remember which
arch it is exactly but we still have such an stupid broken check via
sigill that needs fixing...

Greetings,
Reimar D?ffinger