[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] native MMS as URLProtocol

Ronald S. Bultje rsbultje
Tue Aug 28 16:18:35 CEST 2007

Hi,

On 8/28/07, Bj?rn Axelsson <bjorn.axelsson at intinor.se> wrote:

> here's my take on modifying Ryan Martell's native_mms.c as a protocol
> rather than as a format. In this version there's also quite a few
> smaller changes for better server compability and code simplicity.
>
> It makes much more sense as a protocol, but it will also require
> extensions to the URLProtocol and ByteIOContext APIs with play, pause
> and time-seek functionality (the same functionality as read_play,
> read_pause and read_seek in AVInputFormat).

Not that I disagree, but doesn't it at least make sense to keep mms and rtsp
at the same level here? Having two interfaces for the two is, well,
disgustingly ugly for applications wanting to support both.

Ronald