[FFmpeg-devel] Another nice RTP bug...

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Thu Aug 23 15:11:10 CEST 2007

Luca Abeni wrote:
[...]
> Yes... I do not know how RTP sets the timestamp in case of B frames (I
> never streamed video with B frames :). I suspect the DTS is used to fill
> the timestam field in the RTP packet.
[...]
> 1) RTP packets contain a 32bit timestamp (the RTP timestamp), which
> represents the instant when the first byte of the payload has been
> sampled (so, I think the PTS should be used...

Ugh... I am becoming schizophrenic ;-)

In case anyone wonders, when I started writing the email I was under the
impression that the RTP timestamp must be computed based on the DTS
(this seems to be similar to what the current libavformat code does),
then I actually read the relevant part the RFC, and I am now convinced
that the PTS must be used.

Anyway, I'll perform some tests once streams without B frames work well.

			Thanks,
				Luca