[FFmpeg-devel] Big companies taking advantage of ffmpeg developers

Crypto rcp
Thu Aug 23 14:22:20 CEST 2007

I just wonder why some companies refuse to give credit to you, I
discovered that Viewcast Corporation http://www.viewcast.com have launch
a new version of their main product  Niagara SCX and the only apreciable
advantage is that now they use ffmpeg with out fiving credit to ffmpeg.
It's mroe thier licence is agains the LGPL in some terms.

I checked on the version 5.1.179.0 and this version isntall the
following components :

lame_enc.dll
EmLameWrapper.ax
ffmpeg.exe --> incompatible with the avcodec version included ask for
avcodec-51.dll
avcodec,dll
avformat.dll
avutil.dll

and more

You can download a test version from their web site.