[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] add some defines for CRC polynomials

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Sun Aug 19 14:43:01 CEST 2007

Hello,
On Sun, Aug 19, 2007 at 02:13:40PM +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 19, 2007 at 01:47:43PM +0200, Reimar D?ffinger wrote:
> > attached patch would use some defines with hopefully correct and more
> > useful names instead of using the raw hex numbers for the generator
> > polynomials.
>
> patch ok

Applied.

> > Of course it is questionable if it is such a good idea while keeping
> > names like av_crcEDB88320 (which btw. is not used at all? should it be
> > removed?)
>
> dunno, i dont remember why it was added ...

I can only say that it was there from the very beginning (r5115). In that
revision only av_crc04C11DB7 was used, later patches made use of
av_crc8005 and av_crc07.
The 0xEDB88320 polynomial is part of the test suite, but that doesn't
use those variables.

Greetings,
Reimar D?ffinger