[FFmpeg-devel] Bug with meta data writing? or empty frames added to begining of video?

Jesus Altuve jaltuve
Sat Aug 18 06:42:10 CEST 2007

Thanks,

FIle has been  uploaded to:

ftp://upload.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/incoming/

but, as I said.. ANY file I try to encode experiences the same problem.

Btw, I tried encoding the very same file and some others with mencoder and
the problem is NOT present, one thing I noticed is that mencoder
correctly encodes the file as a 47 seconds file, whereas ffmpeg encodes it
as a 52 seconds file. For some reason, ffmeg is adding 5 seconds of blank
frames at the begining of the video. I'm using mencoder on the same server.

Observation: I'm using a Celeron 2.7 CPU... which I guess is kind of slow..
but still, Mencoder is able to correctly encode the file without any
problems.